Health & Safety Policy Statement
The Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 was created to ensure the health, safety and welfare of workers in Great Britain (and later the rest of the UK). This act requires employers to provide a safe working environment for all employees. It covers most aspects of health and safety law including health and safety standards, health and safety representatives, health and safety statistics, health and safety enforcement.
Our Health & Safety statement of general policy at Theo’s Timber Ltd is:
- To provide good control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To talk to our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substance
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
We recognise health and safety is our key business. Our health and safety policy exists to provide good control of health and safety risks arising from work activities; to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks; to give them adequate training; monitor the health, well-being and performance of our employees; review health and safety practices at regular intervals, to ensure they are fit for purpose, fit for use and fit for action.
The health of all our employees is extremely important to us. Therefore we ensure there is a safe working environment in place at all times, which is free from health and safety hazards or risks.
The above information is provided to highlight our Health and Safety policy information at Theo’s Timber Ltd. Should you have any enquiries or need any further details not already covered here, please get in touch with us on 0161 834 6789 or email email@example.com.